BLACKPINK has long been regarded as one of the most influential K-pop groups in the world. The Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa quartet have been at the forefront of promoting Hallyu worldwide. The BLINKs were more than prepared to make sure that “Born Pink,” their nearly two-year hiatus from the music industry, was a success.
They released a pre-release tune in August called “Pink Venom,” which later went on to become one of their biggest hits. On September 30, it was confirmed that the song’s Spotify stream count had topped 200 million. The K-pop girl group single reached number in less than a month and a half after its release on August 19, making it the fastest song to do so in the platform’s history. Not only is it their 15th song to achieve so, but it also does it the quickest.
The trio is continuing to prosper with its comeback while also seeing success in music video views. The previous release, “Pink Venom,” featured hip beats and a lively ambiance. The color of BLACKPINK shone through the song and drew people in. Their second full-length album, “Shut Down,” and its lead single both came out at the same time. It features a foundation of classical music and a music video that was created as one of the highest calibers works ever.
Since their separate launches, the two have dominated the YouTube rankings, continuing their dominance for a sixth week in a row as the top songs on the service. Their stats are amazing, becoming a group’s first official account to surpass 80 million subscribers.
- Abhishek Bachchan sends wishes to Aishwarya Rai and Ponniyin Selvan
- Kajal Aggarwal’s classic look in color-blocked kurta and fuss-free
- Saif Ali Khan dons casuals for Vikram Vedha promotion
- Here’s how to quit bad relationships and attract
- Richa Chadha says ‘Mohabbat Mubarak’
- Nagarjuna Akkineni is taking a small break
- Vikram Vedha Movie Review
- Ideas for DJ night in your pre-wedding festivities
- Priyanka Chopra kisses Nick Jonas at the Global Citizen event