Within the next three days, nominations will begin to be submitted for the position of Congress President. Several well-known figures have left their positions in the past year, which will serve as a backdrop for the election. Ghulam Nabi Azad, a senior leader, was among those who departed last.
Rahul Gandhi, the leader of the Congress, opted not to run for president, hence a member of a different family will now hold the office. Ashok Gehlot, the Chief Minister of Rajasthan and a close friend of the Gandhi family, and Shashi Tharoor, a member of the insurgent movement, may face off in the primary election for president (G-23). 38 of the 73 years since India’s independence have seen a member of the Gandhi family hold the office of president.
A non-Gandhi family member has been president for 35 years at the same time. The last president of Congress to come from a non-Gandhi family was Sitaram Kesari. From 1996 to 1998, Sitaram Kesari served as president of the Congress. Since his death 22 years ago, the Gandhi family has remained in charge of the Congress. Tell us ten crucial details about it.
- Shashi Tharoor, a former Union minister and member of parliament, originally declared his intention to run for Congress president. He is fluent in both Hindi and English. He has had significant roles in a variety of organizations, including the United Nations. He’s penned a lot of well-known books. The Gandhi family has held the position of Congress President for almost 24 years, with either Sonia Gandhi or her son Rahul Gandhi serving in that capacity. In a letter to Sonia Gandhi in 2020, Shashi Tharoor—one of the G-23, or group of 23—leaders of the Congress—called for organizational change as well as a change in leadership. Shashi Tharoor, a two-term MP from Kerala, is reportedly unpopular with the majority of MPs and MLAs.
- Sonia Gandhi, who had just returned from a trip abroad for medical attention, visited Shashi Tharoor on Monday. Sonia Gandhi was given permission to run in the election on October 17 after he saw her. Sonia Gandhi had pledged to conduct fair elections.
- With Ashok Gehlot emerging as the second candidate, the competition for the top position in Congress has been fierce. He had pushed for the reappointment of Rahul Gandhi as party leader and the return of the chief minister of Rajasthan, one of the Gandhi family’s most devoted officials. He is expected to get the backing of those who want to keep things as they are and those who want Rahul Gandhi back in charge.
- Congressman and general secretary of the party in charge of media Jairam Ramesh, a participant in the Bharat Jodo Yatra, stated that anyone who wishes to run for office is allowed to do so. Rahul Gandhi and the Congress party have consistently held this position. It is a transparent, democratic, and open procedure. No one needs permission from anyone to run for office.
- Within the next three days, nominations will begin to be submitted for the position of Congress President. Several well-known figures have left their positions in the past year, which will serve as a backdrop for the election. Senior leader Ghulam Nabi Azad was among the last to leave, and he was followed by the majority of the party’s leaders in Jammu and Kashmir. The majority of the party’s leaders there quit. Following that, 8 of the party’s 11 legislators in Goa, including former chief minister Digambar Kamat, defected.
- Sonia Gandhi, the Congress’s current acting president, served as the party’s president for 19 years. He handed the reins over to his son Rahul Gandhi in 2017, and he stepped down as president after the party suffered its second consecutive electoral defeat in 2019. Rahul Gandhi also lost his home district of Amethi in this election. Sonia Gandhi has already taken over as acting Congress president. The party’s internal crisis was not looked into at this time. After advocating for a thorough shakeup of the party leadership, the party suffered defeat in a number of state elections.
- Rahul Gandhi is currently in charge of the Congress’s most ambitious Bharat Jodo Yatra. Despite persistent requests from a number of Congress leaders, including the chief ministers of Rajasthan Ashok Gehlot and Chhattisgarh Bhupesh Baghel, Rahul has declined to run for president again. Nine state-level Congress organizations have asked once more that Rahul Gandhi be elected as the party’s leader. Even though Sonia Gandhi is the party’s interim president, several former party stalwarts have asserted that Rahul Gandhi is in charge of all party decisions. He bemoaned the existence of a circle surrounding Rahul that controls crucial party decisions.
- Nine state Congress organizations asked Rahul Gandhi to run for president once the results of the party’s elections were known. As the elections approach, more similar requests are expected to be made. Many party members interpret this as an effort to install the Gandhi family in power, whether or not there are elections. On the other hand, the 150-day-long India Jodo Yatra is regarded as another attempt to resurrect Rahul Gandhi.
- Many parties perceive an opportunity in the unchecked decay of Congress. The circumstance has been advantageous for opposition parties that are vying for significant positions in the states and opposition parties, like as the Trinamool Congress and Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party. Assemblies in Gujarat are scheduled to hold elections in roughly three months, and Arvind Kejriwal proclaimed that the Gujarat Congress is “gone.”
- Sitaram Kesari, the last non-Gandhi Congress president (1996–1998), was succeeded by Sonia Gandhi in March 1998, over two years after the overthrow of the Narasimha Rao administration. After Rajiv Gandhi was killed, Sonia Gandhi made the decision to avoid politics. Sonia Gandhi, who was at the bottom of the Congress, declared in 1998 that she would join the party. He served as chairman from 2004 to 2009, when the party regained control.
- Aashram 3’s ‘Babita’ wore a netted dress on a bikini
- Mahesh Bhatt Birthday
- Anjali Arora went viral after the MMS leak
- Esha Gupta Bikini Photos
- US-China Tension: For the first time, the Biden administration attacked Taiwan
- SBI SCO recruitment 2022
- Lava Blaze Pro launched with great features
- Khatron Ke Khiladi 12
- 6 reasons Why is there a desire to eat junk food?
- Queen Elizabeth II Funeral
- Anjali Arora got trolled