Today marks the official release of Ponniyin Selvan 1, which stars Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. In addition to Vikram, Karthi, Trisha, and Jayam Ravi, the Mani Ratnam-directed film also has Sarathkumar, Prabhu, Lal, Kishore, Ashwin Kakumanu, and Aishwarya Lekshmi in crucial parts. The historical drama was well received by viewers, who have been gushing over the performers. On social media, Abhishek Bachchan also supported his wife, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. To be noted, the Devdas actress has recently returned to the big screen.
Returning to Abhishek, he shared the poster on his Instagram stories and commented, “The day has finally here! Congratulations to the crew who worked tirelessly for years to create this masterpiece, #PS1, which is now in theatres. Congratulations to #PonniyinSelvan1! #ManiRatnam #AishwaryaRaiBachchan Aishwarya received accolades from the Dasvi actor on social media after she debuted as Queen Nandini. After the trailer was made available, he acknowledged his excitement. Using Twitter, he declared, “THIS IS HUGE!”
It is important to note that Mani Ratnam has long wanted to make this movie. His initial attempt was in 1994, and he then resumed talking about the project in 2011. However, he was unable to make it both times.
- Kajal Aggarwal’s classic look in colour blocked kurta and fuss-free
- Saif Ali Khan dons casuals for Vikram Vedha promotion
- Here’s how to quit bad relationships and attract
- Richa Chadha says ‘Mohabbat Mubarak’
- Nagarjuna Akkineni is taking a small break
- Vikram Vedha Movie Review
- Ideas for DJ night in your pre-wedding festivities
- Priyanka Chopra kisses Nick Jonas at the Global Citizen event
- Arjun Kapoor drops a cheeky comment on Anushka Sharma’s post
The popular novel of the same name by Kalki Krishnamurthy is the basis for Ponniyin Selvan 1. It tells the tale of a power struggle, treachery, and betrayal amongst various kingdoms and is set between the years 900 and 950. Director Mani Ratnam decided to present his film adaptation of the book in two parts rather than the original five. Abhishek Bachchan will play the lead role in the 2019 Tamil film Oththa Seruppu Size 7’s Hindi version.