Nagarjuna Akkineni is now preparing for his forthcoming Telugu action-thriller, The Ghost, which will be released on October 5, 2022, following Ayan Mukerji’s Brahmastra Part One: Shiva. Now, the actor discloses in an exclusive interview with Pinkvilla that he intends to take a brief break after the premiere of this Praveen Sattaru-directed film. The Manam actor claims, “What I have done is, deliberately, taken a break after The Ghost.”
“In the sense, The Ghost and Brahmastra were accepted before Covid,” he continues. But ever since Covid, I’ve noticed a significant shift in people’s tastes. As a result, I would really like to take things easy this year and refrain from releasing anything new in 2022. I believe it will take another six months before we fully comprehend why people visit theatres and why they choose OTT. So, when the screenplays start to come in, I have to select which one we should release theatrically and which one we should preserve for OTT because I am open to doing OTT films as well. I’m attempting to understand it.
In the sense that they were accepted prior to Covid, The Ghost, and Brahmastra, he continues. But ever since Covid, I’ve noticed that people’s tastes have changed significantly. I therefore truly want to take this year simple and don’t want any new releases in 2022. I believe it will take another six months for us to fully grasp why consumers visit theatres and choose OTT. So when the scripts start to come in, I have to decide: “Okay, this we should keep for OTT, because I am open to creating OTT films as well, and this we should do a theatrical release.” I’m making an effort to understand.
- Vikram Vedha Movie Review
- Ideas for DJ night in your pre-wedding festivities
- Priyanka Chopra kisses Nick Jonas at the Global Citizen event
- Arjun Kapoor drops a cheeky comment on Anushka Sharma’s post
- 15 most popular songs with hidden meanings
- OnePlus brings the best of festive deals
- Shehnaaz Gill to Tejasswi Prakash: TV celebs
- Silk Smitha Death Anniversary
- Priyanka Chopra in a Khaite dress
- Kriti Sanon-approved Rangriti autumn wear
- Anushka Sharma posts BTS snaps